- Necklace is approximately 14 and 17 inches long. Each come with a 2 inch extender
- Chain is 14 karat gold-filled and made in the US
- Wire and extender chain are made in the US
- Clasps made in Italy
- Necklace is handmade in Austin, Texas
- There's no nickel, cadmium or lead in our jewelry making it low toxic
- An option with this chain necklace is to wrap it and use as a bracelet
I think my cousin Barbara is my second cousin. She's my mom's cousin. This is a sad but beautiful story. My mom's mom, Marjory, whom I called Pookie was adopted when she was a baby. Her older brother, Sam searched for her for years. When he finally found her, I was in high school. Reuniting with her birth family must have felt foreign to Pookie, but she traveled out to meet everyone and establish a new relationship with them all. Pookie and I were very close up until her passing.
It's perfect that when I moved to Los Angeles, her birth brother, Sam, his wife, Ruby and their daughter Barbara made a consistent effort to make me feel loved. I had family in LA! It was wonderful. Not to mention they taught me how to make the best matzo ball soup ever. Barb and I have grown closer and closer over the years. Barb was raised in Florida and moved to LA to be a producer. A single woman kicking ass in the entertainment industry as early as the 70's. Incredible! Barb values family above all else. When her folks got sick, she made being present and helping them her top priority. So inspiring. To this day, Barb and I speak on a weekly basis.