- This pendant is a cast made from a REAL star anise (spice)
- Chai earring approximately 1 inch in diameter
- Earring posts are sterling silver and made in the US
- The earring is made of 100% recycled brass & 14 karat gold plated
- Earrings are sustainably cast in downtown Los Angeles
- There's no nickel, cadmium or lead in our jewelry - making it low toxic
Chai is a cast of the spice star anise. In the winter, my partner makes us chai lattes. Just to be clear, he does the whole thing! It's not from concentrate. It takes time, patience, and a lot of ingredients, including star anise. He used this specific star anise as a garnish in my tea one day and I jumped up and washed off the frothy milk. It was PERFECT! So pretty. I immediately spoke with my collaborative partner and caster, Silva. She suggested I send it to see if we could cast. And, here we are. I thought the name Chai was appropriate.