- Necklace is approximately 17 inches long with 2 inch extender
- Chain is 14 karat gold-filled and made in the US
- Wire and extender chain are made in the US
- Clasps made in Italy
- Necklace is handmade in Austin, Texas
- There's no nickel, cadmium or lead in our jewelry making it low toxic
- An option with this chain necklace is to wrap it and use as a bracelet
I named this chain necklace after my grandmother, Marjory (whom I call Pookie). She was my biggest fan growing up. She called me her Little One and I called her Big One. She accepted and encouraged me to be my authentic self, at an age when I felt insecure and sought approval. Where is she now?! ;)
When I had a rough time with other family members, who didn't quite know what to do with this creative, expressive child, Pookie took me to her home and spoiled me with love. I always felt like I didn't need to say what I was thinking to her. She knew.
I have fond memories of us sneaking in Twizzlers (on more than one occasion) to the movie theater (and sharing them). When I was a teenager, Pookie let me sip her white while we'd stay up way past my bedtime, playing gin rummy. Yeast later, after a serious illness, I stayed with her in her retirement community to help nurse her back to health. Of course, we played cards with other residents as I was caught up on the retirement community gossip.
I miss Pookie everyday. I miss her genuine and loving eyes, playful humor, and her maternal touch. The way she loved and accepted me, inspired me to be the aunt I aim to be.